The Nutrition subgroup of the Child Health Task Force hosted a panel discussion with three experts on evidence and programmatic lessons on early childhood development (ECD) and nutrition. There is strong evidence for the link between ECD and nutrition, but gaps remain in understanding how to successfully integrate additional components of nurturing care with nutrition in holistic programs. Panelists shared experiences from multiple countries including Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Sudan, and Tanzania.
- Allison Daniel, PhD Candidate, Nutritional Sciences, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Canada / Blantyre, Malawi
- Colleen Emary, Senior Technical Advisor – Health & Nutrition, Technical Service Organisation – World Vision International
- Elena McEwan, MD, Senior Technical Advisor Maternal and Child Health, Catholic Relief Services
- Akriti Singh, Nutrition and Health Systems Advisor, USAID Advancing Nutrition
- Bridget Aidam, Director of Technical Services & Innovation, Action Against Hunger