The Commodities subgroup hosted a webinar to hear from USAID Medicines, Technologies, and Pharmaceutical Services (MTaPS) program about the challenges with registration of maternal, newborn, and child health (MNCH) medical products revealed in a nine-country study. The presentation focused on Mozambique and Nepal, hearing from country leads about their experiences and how to improve registration in these countries. A Q&A session followed the presentation.
Related tools are available on the USAID MTaPS website such as a free online micro-learning course on MNCH pharmaceutical systems strengthening that introduces the regulatory concepts in addition to other areas and a Toolkit for Administration of Amoxicillin for Childhood Pneumonia.
- Jane Briggs, Senior Principal Technical Advisor, Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health, MTaPS
- Denylson Namburete, MTaPS Country lead, Mozambique
- Birna Trap, MTaPS Country Portfolio Director, Nepal
- Kate Kikule, Principal Technical Advisor, Pharmaceutical Regulatory Systems, MTaPS
- Dr. Smita Kumar, Senior Newborn Advisor, USAID & Newborn and Child Health Commodities subgroup co-chair