Digital technology is revolutionizing access to, delivery, and use of health services. Many Ministries of Health use digital health technologies in service delivery, such as clinical decision support tools, data collection and management, health education, and engaging patients and families to remind them about medical appointments.
The subgroup aims to improve information sharing of established and emerging digital health approaches to support child health programs and increase the knowledge of child health practitioners on digital health approaches and considerations. Through the subgroup, child health practitioners will advocate for scaling-up the use of digital tools that will improve delivery of child health programs.
To ensure that child health practitioners are increasingly knowledgeable on digital health approaches and considerations in order to inform the use of digital tools in child health programs.
- Improve information sharing about established and emerging digital health approaches to support child health.
- Increase the appropriate use of digital health tools in child health programs across a range of domains, such as data capture and management, clinical decision support, behavior change communication, and health literacy.
- Minimize fragmentation, encourage re-use, adoption, and collaboration by advocating for the use of the Principles of Digital Development.
- Establish a research agenda including evaluating the cost-effectiveness of digital tools.
- Jeanne Koepsell, Save the Children
- Darlene Irby, Pathfinder
Digital Tools for COVID-19 Webinar Recording - October 28, 2020 (Password: =!RZ4q4c)
Digital Health Subgroup Meeting Recording - January 23, 2020
Digital Health Subgroup Meeting Recording - May 2, 2019