In the Sustainable Development Goal era, the global landscape of child health programs is shifting to ensure that children survive, thrive, and transform. This changing landscape has necessitated increased emphasis on measurement and accountability with resulting initiatives to improve the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of child health programming.
The Child Health Task Force M&E subgroup will seek to coordinate with and inform global measurement initiatives, rather than duplicating their work. The M&E subgroup seeks to bring together country experiences and global perspectives, especially related to routine child health data.
The subgroup will primarily focus on strengthening routine measurement in the following technical areas:
- Illness management and prevention in children 1-59 months
- Newborn health
- Management of small and sick infants
- Childhood nutrition
- Early childhood development
Routine monitoring and evaluation of child health programming is improved through better coordination, advocacy, and harmonized measurement methods at the country and global levels.
- Contribute to better measurement methods for child health through advocacy and participation and coordination with ongoing initiatives (such as HDC, CHAT, Every Breath Counts).
- Complete white paper/technical brief on considerations for standard routine child health indicators and the issue of denominators (to inform CHAT and other initiatives).
- Finalize iCCM routine indicator guidance, including new considerations and challenges in use at the country level.
- Facilitate the sharing of country level experiences and global level initiatives across global and country partners and support effort to translate this knowledge into practice.
- Identify gaps in M&E of child health to inform the setting of research priorities at the country and global level.
- Kate Gilroy, MOMENTUM Knowledge Accelerator /JSI
- Debra Jackson, LSHTM
SPA Child Health Indicators Review Meeting Recording - June 3, 2021
Nurturing Care Handbook Review Meeting Recording - March 12, 2021 passcode: RnS**4Z8
September 8, 2020
- Recording link
- Password: 9wts1x$.